Monday, September 14, 2015

CYIA Summer

This Summer was filled with CYIA. :) I was a mentor at the training camp, helped with two Day camps, and did two VBSs at the coast.


Normally at the training camp I'm a team trainer. But this year they had an overabundance of team trainers, so some of us got to be mentors to the young team trainers. It was very stretching not being a team trainer and letting them lead, while II just sat and watched. At times I felt like I didn't do anything, but other times I felt like I was the leader. But all in all it was a Great and growing week. :)






















A week after training camp we had 4 exta boys stay with us. Two came to help with a day camp and the other two were just staying with us. So, I was supposed to just help with the day camp not teach, but I ended up teaching. :) I was a great week, even if it was 90+ degrees! It was So hot!


The next week, two girls, my sister Hannah, and I all went to the coast to teach two VBSs. It was a Great week filled with laughter, Nerf gun wars, and games. :) Oh, and you can't forget the beach. :) I've done these VBSs for a couple years and they've been a blast to do. :)




The week before my trip to Canada, was the last day camp. I ended up just helping with crafts. It was Great!!! I loved getting to interact with all the kids. Plus I got to do it with my friends. :)

All in all, this Summer was Fantastic!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy reading your comments on my post.