Wednesday, July 25, 2012

VBS At The Coast

Two weeks ago my two "sisters" and I departed to the coast and taught a VBS. It was a great time. :) My "sisters" and I stayed with the pastor and his family. They have two boys, but one of them was at camp that week. It was a great time, especially since my two "sisters" have never had brothers and Jonathan had never had sisters. :) It was quite fun, and now I have another brother. :)  The first afternoon we cruised to the beach. :) It was wonderful!!! We spent three hours just on the beach. :) The VBS was only in the mornings so we had the afternoons off. 






                                                           Teaching at the VBS. :)

                                                                  Sisters. ;)
 On Tuesday my "sisters" went  fishing (as they had never been before) and I stayed at the house (since I have been fishing before and didn't really want to go that day) and practiced my bible lesson for the next day and helped make a salad for dinner, which we didn't have till 9:10pm. :) After dinner we played Nerf guns till 11:30pm. :) We ended up not going to bed till 12:00am. :) Then on Wed. we were invited to a couples house for dinner and to play games. ;) On Thursday we ended up going to a older lady's house for lunch and then helped her with some library work. (she is a missionary librarian) We also had dinner there. :) That night was a program for the VBS and afterwords (8:30) we were sitting around eating and talking when someone brought up sand boarding. We decided to go sand boarding with one of our new friends and Jonathan. By the time we left for the dunes it was 9:00 and we sand boarded for an hour and then we took a tour of the schools. :) By the time we got home it was 10:30. :) The next day was the last day and we traveled back home that afternoon. I was sad but happy to be done. Sad because I was leaving my "family", but happy because on Sat. one of my cousins got married!!!! :) I think it was the best week of my summer, so far. :)
                                                           Sand Boarding. ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy reading your comments on my post.