Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fun in Sacramento



This last week found me on vacation with my Mom, Aunt, and Cousin. The day that mom and I arrived my cousin decided that she wanted to see California's capital. So off we hightailed it to Sacramento. We arrived around three and began our self-guided tour. We enjoyed walking through the halls and sitting in on the legislative session. I did decided however that the next time I go, it will be in a suit. I didn't really blend in with my jeans on.
 At 5 the capital shuts down and every one goes home, even the shops close.
Since everything was shut down and we couldn't even get a sample at See's candy, we headed for Old Town Sacramento.
We parked and found the most amazing thing...Sarsaparilla for 25 cents each. Not only did you get a mug of sarsaparilla you also got a basket of peanuts. After enjoying a drink at the river city saloon. We headed up the board walk looking around the stores that were still open. There was a candy shop that had all kinds of candy old and new. The best part was that you could sample any candy with a blue sign. You could have as many as you wanted as long as you ate it in the store. We also stopped by another candy shop and got a sample of their amazing nut brittle. We walked out on a wharf and saw the Sacramento lit up for the night.
I have to say that it wasn't the town or the 25 cent deal, or the free candy that made the day fun it was the people we were with. I find it so true that it is not where you are but who you are with that makes anything fun.
Drinking my Sarsaparilla at the River City Saloon.
Some of the wonderful Taffy you could try.
The Sacramento Bridge




1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had fun! :D
    That taffy looks good. Mmmmmm.
    That is a cool picture of the Sacramento Bridge!!! :D I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy reading your comments on my post.