Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The things memories are made of...

Every year we do the same thing. When people ask me about my family's traditions the answer is simple, California.
Every year since I was born, with the exception of one, we head down to see my Moms side of the family.
I always love it. The long day of driving down is more than worth it. This year we didn't do the usual leave at 3am and arrive at 11pm. We made a few extra stops along the way. One was at an Aunts who lives in Northern CA and the other was at my Uncles outside of LA.
We had a great time with them and then headed to my Grandparents. They live a mile from the beach and every year we take lots of walks down to and along the beach. It is one of my favorite things about visiting at Christmas time. This year it rained non stop. The weather was better at home than it was down there. But we did get to take one walk with most of my cousins and Grandpa. We ended up taking shadow pictures. They are very cool, if I do say so myself. We spent a good 20 mins right before sundown taking pictures. We all had a blast!
There are 17 grandchildren in this picture. Which means that there are 6 grandchildren and one great grandchild missing!

I am the "I" and Jolene didn't make the picture.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy reading your comments on my post.